Many of you will have already bumped into this information, but I’m posting it for the benefit of those who haven’t come across it.
In much the same way as how the static RAD Studio online documentation is complemented by updatable and updated web-based documentation at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com, the sample applications supplied with RAD Studio are also updated over time and available via an online Subversion repository hosted at SourceForge.
The RAD Studio Demo Code Web Site is at http://radstudiodemos.sourceforge.net and the SourceForge project page is http://sourceforge.net/projects/radstudiodemos. To pull down the demos you can use your favourite Subversion client and use the checkout functionality.
With regard to Subversion clients I like using TortoiseSVN from within Windows Explorer, although there is also a TortoiseSVN plug-in for the RAD Studio IDE. Of course if you use Delphi XE or later you can perhaps more sensibly just use the built-in RAD Studio IDE Subversion support.
Suitable Subversion repository URLs for the RAD Studio demo projects include:
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/trunk for the main demo trunk, although this misses out a bunch of XE4 demos, so maybe a specific branch (see rest of this list) might be more appropriate
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE – RAD Studio XE demos
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE2 – RAD Studio XE2 demos
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE3 – RAD Studio XE3 demos
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE3_Update – RAD Studio XE3 demos, including 64-bit C++
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE4 – RAD Studio XE4 demos, including iOS demos
- https://radstudiodemos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/radstudiodemos/branches/RadStudio_XE5 – RAD Studio XE5 demos, including iOS and Android demos
From time to time you can again use your Subversion client to update the demos to take advantage of any changes made in the online repository. It’s good to be kept up to date!
Above I touched on the online up-to-date documentation. For completeness I should mention that the docwiki is available from Delphi’s Help menu (RAD Studio Docwiki) and I should also offer up this list of entry pages to the online help systems:
- RAD Studio 2010 main page
- RAD Studio XE main page
- RAD Studio XE2 main page
- RAD Studio XE3 main page
- RAD Studio XE4 main page
- RAD Studio XE5 main page
Finally, it’s always nice to get a refresher on what’s been added in recent product releases, so do stop by the What Was New In Past Releases page on the docwiki.